Vermont Skiing on Valentine's DayFor those in northern Vermont, Smuggs is running a Valentine's Day special for those that purchase a "Club Smugglers' Package" (via Ski Vermont):
Treat your Sweetheart to our Valentine's Day Club Smugglers' Getaway for two. With the purchase of your choice of one of our three Club Smugglers' Winter Packages, you'll receive upon arrival a Cabot Creamery gift box and $50 in Smugglers' Gold spending cash which can be used toward your dinner, a gift from 3 Mountain Outfitters, or a massage ... anything you'd like! From just $139 per person, per night.Or you might want to consider the "Kiss Your Honey" promo at Mad River Glen:
Kiss Your Honey in the ticket booth and ski for just $14 each Cost: Ski for ONLY $14, BUT You have to kiss!If you're in Southern VT, Stratton is offering ski and say packages from under $200.:
Sneak Away with Your Sweetheart and Cozy Up on the Chair! A package built for two. The One Night, Two Days is perfect for a sweet escape - two days on snow and one night's lodging, plus $40 toward dinner at Bentley's, starting at just $199 for two.Follow this link for additional unique Valentine's Day ideas from Stratton. And don't fret central Vermonters, we haven't forgotten about you! According to Ski Vermont, Killington has you covered with a Valentine's Day lift ticket deal:
Love is in the mountain air, especially at Killington Resort with a two for $99 lift ticket deal February 14. Purchase your tickets online by midnight Wednesday and save on two 1-day adult lift tickets. After your day on the slopes, book a dinner at the exclusive Ledgewood Yurt. Climb aboard their snowcat-drawn sleigh and set off to the Killington Ledgewood Yurt for an unforgettable dining adventure in the heart of the Green Mountains. Executive chef Greg Lang has crafted five indulgent courses with local ingredients, signature prime cuts of meat and incredible accents for a truly exceptional experience. http://www.killington.com/winter/activities/Dining/2053889408Hat-tip to Mike Doyle at About.com for pointing me to Ski Vermont's comprehensive list of more than a dozen Valentine's Day promos and events.
Vermont Zip-Lining on Valentine's DaySkiing isn't your thing but you still want to mix things up and add a little adventure this Valentine's Day? Ever been zip-lining? Time to check out Arbortrek Canopy Adventures in Jeffersonville! They're offering a "buy one get one" special starting today and running through the 15th:
Put Some Zip in Your Relationship this Valentine's Day! Buy one full price ticket on any of our canopy tours and your sweetheart goes for FREE. Promotion valid for tours conducted on February 11-15, 2013 only. Riders must meet all tour requirements. Not valid with other offers or promotions. To book your zip line canopy tour special, call (802) 644-9300, or book online.
Vermont Snowshoeing on Valentine's DayIf you're not that much of an adrenaline junky, but you'd still like to get outside this Valentine's Day, Vermont Fish & Wildlife Department's Snowshoe Candlelight Hike will be a nice way to spend the evening. And the best par is, it's free!:
6:00PM until 8:30PM at GMCC Kehoe Education Center, 636 Point of Pines Road, Castleton Come celebrate Valentine's Day with a candlelight snowshoe hike at the Green Mountain Conservation Camp Kehoe. After snowshoeing through the beautiful candle-lit woods in the moonlight, warm up inside near the fireplace of the Education Center with some hot chocolate, apple cider, and Valentine’s Day treats. Be sure to bring your own showshoes. This event is free and open to the public.
Valentine's Day ReadingFor those who really want to slow things down, WCAX recently had Emer Feeney from the Fletcher Free Library in for a few Valentine's Day reading recommendations: WCAX.COM Local Vermont News, Weather and Sports-
Vermont Valentine's Day Restaurant Menus
- Pistou - Burlington, VT
- Pauline's Cafe - South Burlington, VT
- Twin Farms - Barnard, VT
- Crop Bistro & Brewery - Stowe, VT
- Tourterelle - New Haven, VT
- Café Shelburne - Shelburne, VT
- Woodstock Inn & Resort - Woodstock, VT
- Simon Pearce Restaurant - Quechee, VT
- A Single Pebble - Burlington, VT
- NECI and La Brioche - Montpelier, VT
- Caroline's Fine Dining - Jericho, VT
- Chef's Corner - Williston and Burlington, VT
- Ri-Ra - Burlington, VT
Vermont Valentine's Day B&B and Inn ReservationsIf a romantic dinner isn't enough, how about a romantic getaway? A number of VT bed & breakfasts and inns are offering Valentine's Day 'stay and dine' specials:
- Tucker Hill Inn - Waitsfield, VT
- The North Hero House - North Hero, VT
- Three Mountain Inn - Jamaica, VT
- Hartness House - Springfield, VT
- Inn at Bolton Valley/Bailey's - Bolton, VT
Vermont Valentine's Day GiftsAre you a couple that doesn't go all out for V-day, but you still like to exchange modest gifts, there are a number of VT companies offering some great gifts this year.
- Of course there's Vermont Teddy Bear Company who this year has released a huge, 4.5 foot tall bear called the Big Hunka Love Bear:
- Of course Lake Champlain Chocolates always has some sweet Valentine's Day themed gifts.
- Vermont Brownie Company is donating a portion of sales this Valentine's season to Women Helping Battered Women.
- Chappell's Florist, as always, has a variety of V-Day themed floral options for you to choose from.
- Here's something unique! Maiden Vermont, Central Vermont's Women's Barbershop Chorus will serenade your loved one for a very reasonable price. Check out their Singing Valentine brochure.